The fifth measurement site is the scientific park of the University of Valladolid (Edificio I+D – Campus Miguel Delibes, Paseo de Belén 11, 47011 Valladolid).
The main activities and goals of the institution are the following.
UVa scientific park is a foundation created to boost the transference, innovation and entrepreneurship of the college community and its entrepreneurial environment.
The institution emerged as a result from the initiative of Valladolid University, Valladolid city hall, the council of Castilla y Leon, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Santander bank.
The foundation has the fundamental aim to boost the interaction between the university and society, represented through the companies, public and private entities, and public administrations, providing knowledge and technological transferences, helping to focus the results of the researchers towards the environmental needs and contributing actively and committed to the economic and social development. The improvement and development also will be focused on the state, within the European as well as the international scope.
According to this mission, the foundation’s main aim is research, development and innovation (R&D&i) with special focus for the interdisciplinary aspects, knowledge transfer from the scientific world to the society, the companies and entrepreneurs, the use of the R&D&I results in products, processes and services, as well as the continuous training aiming to actualize the necessary knowledge for economic and social development. Also, the promotion and diffusion of science, culture and sports for the college community.
The main R&D&i projects undertaken by this institution are the following ones.
• Platform for the creation of a social network with a cultural and touristic content. Part of Plan Avanza from the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce.
• Creation of the Excelence Center of Information at the Scientific Park UVa campus. part of Plan Avanza of the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce.
• Inplantation Project of the Research Center of Livestock Waste. This project is called INNPLANTA and is initiated by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
• Scientific technological equipment for the CTTA building of the Scientific Park UVa. This is also part of the INNPLANTA project initiated by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
• Improvement of the scientific technological allocation of the Technological Center of Cereals. Part of the INNPLANTA project initiated by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
• Learning management system through VLE platforms. This is called the INNPACTO project, also initiated by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
• The “Summer Residential” project which aims to incorporate students to Uva´s research groups or companies for an internship. The program, which has been developed during the past 7 years, offers the residents the chance to know first hand and from own experience how scientific technological research is being done.
Why are you interested in small wind energy and do you want to support WINDUR?
We see it as the next step towards sustainable development through the use of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency.
Why is collaborating with technological European SMEs important for you?
The scientific park wants to collaborate with technological SMEs as this is one of their main goals. They consider public-private collaboration to be essential for the development of the society and they want to participate in everything from which both environments will benefit.